We are looking for highly motivated, skilled and reliable Support Worker in the Ely, CB7 area. Supporting a male client with an Acquired Brain, Hearing Impairment and Complex Behaviours in his own home on a one-to-one, 24/7 basis.
Shifts include daytime shifts with sleep ins on a rota basis. Ideally covering a 24-hour period or more per shift.
- £10.50 per hour + £50 per sleep in + holiday pay + pension!
- Free care certificate
- Comprehensive in-house training to develop your knowledge and skills and support you in your role with us and any future career/educational pursuits.
- Referral bonus of £200 per support worker/HCA/care assistant and £300 per RMN/RNLD if you refer a colleague
- Eligibility to apply for the Blue Light scheme
- Staff awards
- No uniform required
£10.50 per hour + £50 per sleep in.
All successful candidates will require an enhanced DBS check, if not already registered on the update service. You will also be required to supply two satisfactory references.
Your role would include:
- Supporting with daily living tasks including maintaining healthy diet, domestic responsibilities, attending appointments and managing correspondence.
- Administration and management of medication.
- Cognitive and behavioural support via the use of effective management strategies.
- Access to meaningful activities in the community and within the home.
- Maintaining daily records.
You will need:
- Caring, patient and empathetic nature
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivation to make a difference to our clients
- Experience of supporting clients with a Learning Disabilities and Complex Behaviours (Desirable, not essential)
VP recruitment line is open every Monday to Friday between 9am – 5pm so there is always support available. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Established in 2001, VP Forensic Ltd. is a nationwide specialist health and social care provider. We support people with brain injury, learning disability, mental health difficulties and physical disability, in secure services and the community.
VP Forensic supports clients and teams in secure services nationwide.
VP Complex Care provides support & rehabilitation to people in the community to help them live functional & fulfilling lives.
Over the years we have gained a reputation for providing high quality nurses and support workers throughout the UK. We work closely with clients, teams and services to deliver the service needed when it is required.