We are currently seeking Qualified Nurses (RGN/RMN/RNLD) to work within secure services, care, nursing home or brain injury settings.
As an agency worker, you must be reliable, hardworking and passionate about the industry. A VP Qualified Agency Nurse will work within a team, comprising of other Nurse and support workers and have clinical responsibility for a group of clients, providing supervision to the support workers and junior staff.
Your role will include:
- Carry out nursing procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and guidelines outlined by the unit/hospital and that of VP Forensic Ltd
- Be responsible for the assessment of client needs, the development of programmes of support, with regards to their implementation and evaluation
- Recognise, act upon appropriately and report changes in the clinical condition of patients
- Ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times
- Maintain effective channels of communication with clients and their families/carers.
- Liaise effectively with the multidisciplinary team and with other agencies involved in the individual clients’ care
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary team walk rounds, case conferences and consultant ward rounds
- Maintain high standards written communication in nursing records according to Nursing Midwifery Council guidelines and Directorate policy
- Maintain confidentiality of both the written and spoken word as directed in the Nursing Midwifery council’s code of professional conduct
Health and Safety:
- Report all accidents and untoward incidents according to hospital policy and procedures and that of VP Forensic Ltd
- Be alert to potential environmental hazards and act accordingly to safeguard the clients, your colleagues and yourself
- Be fully conversant with, adhere to and enforce all Health and Safety policies of the Hospital / Unit and that of VP Forensic Ltd
- Fulfil VP’s annual mandatory training requirements (fire awareness, moving and handling, etc. and management of violence and aggression) if you complete this elsewhere then certificates must be provided to VP in evidence of this and for approval by our Training Manager
- Act as a resource to your colleagues and Support Workers for knowledge, experience and information
- Keep abreast of research and developments in the care of mentally ill people in order to be able to carry out your duties competently and efficiently
- Feedback information gained from courses, study days and link nurse meetings
- Conduct yourself in a calm professional manner at all times
- Maintain a smart, neat appearance at all times
- Remain friendly and approachable
- Work within the guidelines laid down by the Nursing Midwifery Council and their code of professional conduct and ensure that your registration with the Nursing Midwifery Council is maintained
- In the absence of Senior Staff Nurses and on night duty you may be required to take charge of the ward, co-coordinating ward activities and dealing with problems that arise during that period of time
- Work within a team and support the Senior Staff Nurse that you are working with during that shift
- Assist with the induction of new staff, both Qualified Nurse and Support Workers where relevant
- All employees of VP Forensic Ltd are required to have annual CRB checks and provide medical evidence of vaccination against TB, MMR, Hepatitis B and Varicella
- Excellent pay
- Nationwide positions
- Flexible shifts
- Holiday Pay
- Complex & diverse care
- Specialised training
- Appraisals & supervision
- MDT working
- Referral scheme (receive a bonus!)
Essential Qualified Nurse Requirements:
- Brilliant communication skills
- Positive attitude
- All applicants must be willing to undertake and pay for a DBS check and MVA training.
VP recruitment line is open every Monday to Friday between 9am – 5pm so there is always support available. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Established in 2001, VP Forensic Ltd. is a nationwide specialist health and social care provider. We support people with brain injury, learning disability, mental health difficulties and physical disability, in secure services and the community.
VP Forensic supports clients and teams in secure services nationwide.
VP Complex Care provides support & rehabilitation to people in the community to help them live functional & fulfilling lives.
Over the years we have gained a reputation for providing high quality nurses and support workers throughout the UK. We work closely with clients, teams and services to deliver the service needed when it is required.