We are currently recruiting Mental Health Support Workers to work within Wakefield and the surrounding area. You will be promoting independence to, and supporting individuals with cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, spina bifida and arthritis, multiple sclerosis and disabilities.
Shift times are a mixture of earlies, lates, nights and twilight – in other words, there are shift times to suit everyone. The rates of Pay vary depending on shift type but start from £8.00 per hour up to £9.00 per hour.
Typically your role would include supporting clients with:
- Daily living and maintaining their independence
- Personal Care support/prompts
- Working under the supervision and guidance of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Managing complex behaviour and those risks presented.
In return for your hard work we provide:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Holiday Pay
- A rewarding challenge
- Specialised training
- Appraisals & supervision
- Referral scheme (receive a bonus!)
Essential Support Worker Requirements:
- To work within the secure hospital settings you will need to complete a four-day Management of Violence and Aggression (MVA) course at the cost to the applicant – OR – provide and up to date certificate detailing the course you have completed.
- Complete our Medication Training or provide an up to date certificate detailing the course you have complete
- All employees of VP Forensic Ltd are required to have annual CRB checks and provide medical evidence of vaccination against TB, MMR, Hepatitis B and Varicella.
VP recruitment line is open every Monday to Friday between 9am – 5pm so there is always support available. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Established in 2001, VP Forensic Ltd. is a nationwide specialist health and social care provider. We support people with brain injury, learning disability, mental health difficulties and physical disability, in secure services and the community.
VP Forensic supports clients and teams in secure services nationwide.
VP Complex Care provides support & rehabilitation to people in the community to help them live functional & fulfilling lives.
Over the years we have gained a reputation for providing high quality nurses and support workers throughout the UK. We work closely with clients, teams and services to deliver the service needed when it is required.