VP Forensic have an opportunity for experienced Mental Health Support Workers for flexible agency work, supporting clients within low/medium risk services & units, in the Burton Lattimer area.
We are looking for people who are driven to provide person-centred care and who are motivated to help transform the lives of patient’s lives. Through tailored care, you will be providing support to individuals with a variety of specialist conditions such as personality problems, mental illness, acquired brain injuries, histories of alcohol and substance abuse.
A typical day for our Support Workers is to support clients with their daily living and help maintain their independence. When required provide personal care or prompt client to care for themselves. Manage complex behaviour and the risks it presents. All under the supervision and guidance of a qualified, multi-disciplinary team.
As you can see this is a fantastic prospect for people who want to make a real difference.
What we’d like from you:
- 6 months relevant experience, obtained within the last 5 years
- Commitment to providing outstanding care and support to all clients
- Positive attitude and a willingness to “get stuck in”
- Excellent communication skill
What we’d like to give you:
- Excellent rates or pay – above industry standards
- Flexible working hours to suit your family and commitments
- Annual training in Secure Services, Boundaries & Mental Capacity Act, MAPA, MVA, option to take NUCO First Aid, access to NVQ.
- Ongoing development through appraisals & supervisions
- Holiday Pay & Pension
- Friendly office staff dedicated to your development and needs
- Referral Bonus Scheme – £200 for Support Workers & £300 for Nurses
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975. As such we are required to submit a check for any previous criminal convictions through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
VP recruitment line is open every Monday to Friday between 9am – 5pm so there is always support available. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Established in 2001, VP Forensic Ltd. is a nationwide specialist health and social care provider. We support people with brain injury, learning disability, mental health difficulties and physical disability, in secure services and the community.
VP Forensic supports clients and teams in secure services nationwide.
VP Complex Care provides support & rehabilitation to people in the community to help them live functional & fulfilling lives.
Over the years we have gained a reputation for providing high quality nurses and support workers throughout the UK. We work closely with clients, teams and services to deliver the service needed when it is required.