We are seeking a Community Care Coordinator to recruit and place support workers into temporary and permanent positions within community settings. To set up and maintain community care packages, from the initial enquiry, negotiating rates to overseeing the package. To maintain existing business and to build upon this by actively seeking new business to ensure there are enough care packages to oversee. To liaise with clients on a weekly and monthly basis to ensure staff rotas and contracts run efficiently. To ensure staff files are up to date and complete according to regulatory requirements i.e. CQC regulations. To be a self motivated team member who has the desire and passion to succeed in achieving personal, departmental and business objectives and helping others to do the same.
Hours of work – 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday + Oncall duties
- To build and maintain existing business within a certain area by filling requirements from clients and managing placements.
- To expand the business within a chosen area by canvassing, gaining new leads, sales calls, arranging and attending client meetings to gain new business.
- To liaise with case managers, solicitors, social workers to discuss the companies services and to offer a tailored package to suit the clients needs.
- To visit clients to discuss any issues in relation to the care packages that you oversee.
- To set up and maintain care packages by sourcing the relevant staff who have suitable skills and experience, to oversee the package along with the case manager.
- To be responsible for your own case load of community clients to ensure they run smoothly, dealing with any issues that arise. Implementing any changes to staff or additional changes which need to be implemented to ensure they run smoothly in conjunction with the client.
- To attend client visits to discuss any issues or concerns.
- To work towards KPI’s, targets and objectives on a daily / weekly / monthly basis including providing a business report for your own area.
- To establish where there is a need for recruiting new staff, to recruit and advertise in accordance with the branch budget.
- To interview perspective support workers as part of the recruitment process.
- To follow the CQC requirements as set out by the Operations Director and to ensure these requirements are followed at all times.
- To be responsible for your own quality assurance, sending out staff assignment reports to both clients and staff including new staff members and existing staff. To send out client questionnaires to evaluate our service.
- To carry out supervision and appraisals for field staff.
- To have an understanding of the principals of the systems and procedures of the business and to follow these at all times.
- To understand, accurately interpret and communicate all communications to necessary parties in an appropriate manner.
- To ensure that files of clients and field staff meet any regulatory standards, i.e. CQC.
- To act as a counter signatory for the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- To notify the Office Manager of any concerns with regards to the state of field staff files and of action taken to correct these.
- To deal with complaints for your own case load and to pass any on to the Operations Director depending on the nature of the complaint.
- To ensure that all activities conducted within the business are in harmony with its strategic and financial goals
- To be an effective communicator at all levels, both within and outside the business.
- To be thoroughly professional at all times, working by example, inspiring and influencing others to do the same.
- To be an effective team player who achieves successful results by forward planning through efficient organisation of work, meeting objectives and working with others.
- To help drive team motivation through working by example and building strong rapport with fellow team members.
- To develop proactive problem solving skills and use them daily with other members of the team.
- To ensure that own knowledge remains abreast of Industry Best Practice Requirements, e.g. CQC regulations, DBS and any new legislation or regulations which come into force, this includes employment, health and safety, statutory and contractual, this will be supported by the Office Manager..
- To ensure full compliance with statutory legislation for the company and site regulations or guidelines.
- To ensure that all quality issues are adequately addressed in line with the quality standards, audits and company policies with the assistance of the Operations Director.
- To take a full and active part in the appraisal and objective setting initiatives undertaken by the Office Manager.
- To consider own development needs and address these where possible with the assistance of the Office Manager.
This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties as directed by the Operations Director or Managing Director. The responsibility level of any duties should not exceed those outlined above.
- Self motivation and personal drive
- Team Player respecting other team members
- Good communication skills both with internal and external customers
- Customer focused
- Always displays “Can Do Attitude”
- Always to maintain appropriate personal presentation and appearance
- Able to work on own initiative
- To be able to react positively to changing working practices and environment
VP recruitment line is open every Monday to Friday between 9am – 5pm so there is always support available. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Established in 2001, VP Forensic Ltd. is a nationwide specialist health and social care provider. We support people with brain injury, learning disability, mental health difficulties and physical disability, in secure services and the community.
VP Forensic supports clients and teams in secure services nationwide.
VP Complex Care provides support & rehabilitation to people in the community to help them live functional & fulfilling lives.
Over the years we have gained a reputation for providing high quality nurses and support workers throughout the UK. We work closely with clients, teams and services to deliver the service needed when it is required.